Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why China? I'm so glad you asked!

So far when people would ask me this question I responded with things like, "I really don't know... God has always led us to China".  Some people understood that "call" and others didn't.  Today the Lord used a comment that was posted somewhere to help me understand why He has led us to China. 
Let me begin by saying that, as parents, the most important thing to Tony and I is not how our kids do in school, what college they will go to, who they will marry or what they become someday.  Although these things are very important, it is not the most important thing in life.  The most important thing is that they come to know the Lord and have a relationship with Him.  Thankfully, both of our boys have made that decision.  Having said that, we know that a child born in China may never hear about the Lord.  Why China?  I still say I don't really know.... but I do know this.  Bella Mei will grow up in a Christian home where she will never remember a time that she didn't know about Jesus.  I  am praying already for her and that she will come to know the Lord at an early age. 
The Lord calls some missionaries to share the gospel right where they are.  He calls others to places like Africa, Columbia and China.  Much like missionaries, the Lord calls some to adopt from where they are and others to adopt elsewhere.  Tony and I believe the Lord has called us to China.  In Jeremiah 29:11 it says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". 
So, why China?  My answer still begins with "I really don't know" but I know He is in control and Tony and I trust Him.  He is making things clearer every day!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Well said Kelly! We can't put God in a box and perfectly explain everything He is doing....hallelujah, He is much too big for that!
Keep trusting Him and looking to His Word as you walk this journey. I'm so glad I get to walk it with you!

Susan

LmCulp said...

We certainly enjoyed meeting you this past weekend, Kelly! We will be praying for you and your family through this journey. If you need to talk with someone who has "been there" don't hesitate to call. This journey will be an amazing blessing in your life! Enjoy it!

Post a Comment